Tuesday 2 August 2016

Went to the planetarium today

While I'm in Launceston I'm also researching The Kerry Lodge Art Project. (for more information refer to blog post: Stages of an archeological dig. Posted on March 31)
Next year as part of Tasmania's Ten Days On The Island, The K L A Project is located at the archeological dig and I'm proposing to map out the Southern Cross with string and pegs near the site of the dig. 
So the planetarium's experiential exhibit of the night sky over Tasmania was particularly pertinent given the emphasis on the Southern Cross.

Tomorrow I start installing my work for the first of three exhibitions associated with this project.

I'm giving a talk about my practice at the Tasmanian College of the Arts - University of Tasmania in Launceston this Thursday, I'll have the talk and images available on line by next week and you can find all the details about the K L A Project there.

No comments:

Post a Comment